Saturday, November 19, 2011

Kop Kun Ka

Sa Wat Dii Ka!

It is crazy to think that today is my last full day here in Chiang Mai.  It feels like I just got here!!

This last week was our final outreach to Hot - a Karen Village about an hour or so from Chiang Mai.  There we worked with the church from COC Thailand to encourage and teach the church members.  We had a few cell groups the first night along with traditional Thai food.  I was actually hoping for a chance to taste dog but it didn't work out, so I had to settle for frog stew.  It wasn't THAT bad but a little crunchy.  The Thai people of Hot were great and very welcoming.  Monday we did a few house visits, praying for some of the church members and a few that have fallen away from going.  It was great to connect with them on a more personal level.  We even helped one family dig some holes for their new house.  Nothing like getting your hands a little dirty.  That evening we had "youth group" which consisted of mostly older adults...I guess everyone wants to feel young!  It was fun playing games, singing and sharing some encouraging words.  Tuesday we headed out to a small village about an hour away.  That night we had a small program along with fireworks.  They loved it!!  This was more of the roughing part of the trip.  We slept in teak/bamboo hut like homes.  It is exciting to experience a bit of what they live everyday.  Wednesday we headed back to Hot and finished off the trip with one last cell group.  It was definitely a God moment.  2 people excepted Christ and as well we were able to pray for this core group of the church.  It was an awesome time of fellowship!

My final days in Chiang Mai have been filled to the brim!!  Yesterday we graduated from MTI and celebrated with an amazing lunch at a 5 star hotel.  It was nice to have western food after a week of 3 meals a day with rice.

Today, Saturday, a group of us went to Jungle Flight.  Which is a zip lining through the mountains of Thailand. SO MUCH FUN!!  Don't worry mom, I didn't hurt myself.  Except for a few bruises, I'm ok!!

Thanks again all of you have supported me along the way on this journey.  I hope that you will continue to pray and keep up with me.  I know that God has big things in store for me and I want you to be a part of it!!

Please pray for safety as I travel out tomorrow afternoon.

Love you all - looking forward to seeing you when I get home!!

~Kari

No comments: