Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mai Ben Rye

Sa Wat Dii Ka!

It is hard to believe that my time here in Chiang Mai is coming to a close.  This is our final week for the classroom and then Sunday we leave for an outreach to WiangPaPow (sp?)  This is also the final week for reading books!  I have to say I am proud of myself for keeping up with books as well as the reports.  It is not the easiest thing to do and then to keep up with other preparations for MTI.  A few people have asked if I will keep up with the book reading.  I think I will try.  Maybe not a book a week but I will definitely shoot for 2 a month.  It is so important to continually be learning!

Last Friday, Micah, Joanna and I were in charge of leading the Youth Group.  The theme for the evening was "potty mouth".  So staying with the theme, we cleaned up 2 toilets to have for props on the stage.  To make it even more fun, one was a squatty potty.  Micah and I split the teaching - he spoke on the "power of words" and then I spoke on "what comes out the mouth, comes from the heart".  It was a great to connect with the Thai kids as well as the international kids.  Just to clarify, this is a bi-lingual youth group - pretty cool!  We ended the night with a relay - "bobbing for turds" - all I can say is DISGUSTING!!  Check out my facebook page for pictures.

Prayer Requests:
- My dad has been released to go back to church and normal activity...which is AWESOME!  Please continue to pray for him, he is having pain in his joints.  Next week he will be going for a scan to rule out bone cancer.  In December he will start radiation for the prostate.  It seems to be never ending, but I know that God has been doing amazing things through my parents.  Please pray that there will be more opportunities for God's glory to be shown!

- I have less than 2 weeks left in Chiang Mai.  Please pray for wisdom as I leave here and head for home.  That God would show me what steps are next.  That I would be hearing Him clearly.

- Bangkok is still recovering from the flooding that has happened.  As well as the entire Thailand is feeling the effects of the high water.  Please pray for the Thai people - that they would see God through this tragedy.

Thanks to all of you who have supported me in this journey - I am looking forward to seeing you soon!!

~ Kari

No comments: