Saturday, October 15, 2011

Road Trip - Mae Sot

Sa Wat dii Ka!

As most of you know, I have been really sick that last week or so.  The staff Dr. has decided to treat me as if I had Typhoid, since I have A LOT of the symptoms.  There is also something very popular here called Dungee Fever that has similar symptoms but has no treatment....so you have to ride it out.  After 3 full days of antibiotics I feel much better.  I am still very achy and tired but nothing like before.  Typhoid runs for about 2 weeks even after completing the medicine.  Thanks to everyone who is praying!

On a lighter side, yesterday a group of girls and I went to a Thai cooking class.  It was the one thing I really wanted to do here so I didn't want to miss out on it, even though I was not feeling so great!  It was a great time! We cooked 5 main courses along with 1 curry paste.  After you made each dish you got to eat it.  We were all so stuffed by the 3rd course, it got harder to eat anything after that.  I could barely manage to get down 1 whole meal, since it was my first real day back to eating.  It probably wasn't the best idea to go since I was sick but it was worth it in the end!!  I am so excited to come home and make Thai food for everyone -- lets hope that I can recreate them!!  Good thing they gave us a cookbook!

This will be the start of the 8th week for the MTI course.  I am very excited because we will be headed on a week long outreach to Mae Sot.  About 5 hours from Chiang Mai - close to the Burma border.  It should be an exciting time!  Looking forward to telling you about it when I get back!

Prayer Requests:

~ It looks like radiation will start towards the end of December for my dad.  Pray that he continues to grow stronger as time gets closer to radiation.  And that he would be prepared for the opportunities that he has around him.

~ Pray for my sickness.  That I would get the proper rest I need and that I would feel better.  That the antibiotics would work properly and that no one else would get sick.

~ Travel safety to Mae Sot as well as the opportunity to share with people about Jesus.

Thank you to everyone who is praying - and for your support!

~Kari

No comments: