Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Roy Mai Ka!

Sa watdii Ka!

It is another great day here in Chiang Mai!  The weather has been great - thank goodness all of the typhoons and flooding is over...hopefully!  Average temperature is about 90, with loads of sun.  It is going to be a shock when I come home, seeing as it is in the 50's and even colder when I get back.

Last week we went to Mae Jam to help pass out food and supplies to the villagers that suffered from the flooding.  It was incredible to see them go on with daily life, like nothing was bad.  Makes you realize that material things are really not that important.  It was a really nice visit and Dr. Jane was able to help some of the people with medical issues due to the flooding.  You can check out some of my photos on facebook.

It was great to get back to Penny's Place today, to have a  package waiting for me from home.  I loved getting all those letters and pictures from the people of ALCF.  It made me feel SO loved.  I hope you all know how much I appreciate you for helping make this adventure possible.  It is because of your support that I am here...and I am truly grateful for it!

We are now in the middle of week 7 for MTI - so crazy to think I have been here that long.  We have been learning a lot about the call of God and how to know what that sounds like.  As well, we have finished another book - Annointed for Burial by Todd Burke.  He was a missionary to Cambodia during the early 70's.  Very interesting book...almost exhausting.  Each page was jam packed with amazing things that God did during their time there.  This week we are reading Growing up Spiritually and will need to write a report on it.  I have to say it is much easier to just read a book than writing a report.  Sometimes I am at a loss for words...especially after a full week of learning.  The brain is on overload - that is for sure!!  A GOOD overload!

Prayer Requests:

- You can keep praying for my dad.  He will be starting radiation soon for the prostate.  He did great on the last Chemo, so pray that this will be the same.  It is a lot of travelling back and forth to Cleveland, so pray for safety as well.

- I am sick again.  Not sure exactly what I have...feels like Malaria - KIDDING but it is really annoying.  Last night and today I have been really achy and have had a bad headache along with a fever.  I am hoping that this is the end of the sickness.  Please pray that I would get restful sleep so I can at least push through the day.

- Guidance/clarity/wisdom - I am still try to figure out what to do when I leave to come home.  I have a couple ideas but not sure if that is what God wants me to do.  Mostly pray that I would be listening to Him.

- Next week we (MTI) are going to Mae Sot for a week outreach.  I am excited to go and see more of Thailand.  I will be teaching one night to the Bible School - about 45 young adult students for 1 1/2hrs.  Please pray that God would speak through me to the students and that it would be a growing time for me as well.

Don't forget to check out my pictures on Facebook!

Love you
~Kari

No comments: