Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pra Jaw Sandee!

Sa Wat Dii Ka!

It has been another great week in Thailand.  I am really starting to feel like I am at home...ya know, normal life!  I love being here and I am definitely going to miss the Thai people!!

This week for MTI, we were back in the classroom.  It was so hard to get back into the swing of things after such a great outreach to Mae Sot.  Monday the offices were closed - which was great to have a day off to sleep in and get caught up on a few things.  Wednesday - Friday, a group from Life Impact came and spoke about what they do in Mae Sot and as well teach us about character and prayer life on the mission field...and even just for everyday life.  We actually visited their children's home when we were in Mae Sot, so it was cool to already have that connection with them.

On Friday the Free Burma Rangers came to share what they do in Thailand & Burma.  All I can say is - AMAZING!!  God is definitely giving me a heart for the Burmese people...not sure what He is asking me to do for them but they are surely incredible people.  The Free Burma Rangers equip and train people groups inside Burma so they can help during times of war.  I would encourage you to check out video footage on youtube about the FBR.  Pray for Burma!  Pray for Thailand!

Saturday we had an outreach to the Old Peoples Home - similar to what our church does for the nursing home ministry.  They were SO excited to see foreigners and asked loads of questions.  It was a great time of fellowship, through singing and testimonies.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope we get a chance to go back again before our time is up!

Saturday afternoon a group of us went to a limestone waterfall.  It was SOOO beautiful.  It was a hot day so it was a great day to climb and play in the water.  I even came away with a few painful souvenirs!! Mai ben lai!!  It was a wonderful day and in awe of the beauty that God created!!

I know a few are wondering about the flooding here in Thailand.  There has been major flooding in Bangkok, which is south of where I am at.  Even though the flooding is far away, it is effecting the entire country.  Bangkok is a main distributor for food and water to the country.  Since the flood water is so high, it has been difficult for outlying cities to get the food & water to the grocery stores...as well as rice crops have been destroyed...which is a main staple for Thai people.  It is so sad when you realize that this is not just flooding...it is effecting all lively hood.  It will be till March of next year before it will be back to normal.  Please pray for Thailand and the people...they definitely need to know that there is a God that loves them.

Prayer Requests:

- Pray for Thailand - (read above)

- Continue to pray for my father....no new updates.  Still planning on radiation to start in December sometime.

- As I said above, God has given me a burden for the Burmese people.  I would love to know what capacity I am to be involved...what is it that God would like me to do with that compassion.  Also, that God would direct me in the last few weeks here.  That I wouldn't waste my time but that God would continue to open me up to what He desires me to do when I get back to America.

I love hearing from you!!

~Kari

No comments: